Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Williams review

Leaving Tusayan and Grand Canyon behind my next stop is the Route 66 town Wiliams. I wanted to check out the historic remains of the Route 66 in Wiliams. I am providing you a short review of Williams.

When entering the town you will see a lot of Route 66 road signs on the left and right side of the street. Tourists usually take a picture in front of one of those 66 signs in Williams. When you are traveling to Flagstaff I recommend you to stop in Williams to fuel up, as the gas is relatively cheap there. Perhaps because of the historic 66 background of the town.

The rest of Williams is only route 66 merchandise and not really worth checking out. You will encounter a lot of bikers or old timers, as a lot of people want to check the route 66 with their cars :-). There is a visitor center dedicated to the Route 66. There are restrooms inside and a lot of good information on 66.

I did not find it that interesting, perhaps because I am no biker. Anyways, hope you enjoyed my Route 66 and Williams review. I attached a short map of Williams:

View Larger Map


Here a video of the Route 66:



My next stop is going to be Phoenix. The farer you go south, the warmer it will get. It is 90 F here in Wiliams, at least that's what my car says. Ok, leaving route 66 behind now. Thanks for reading my 66 article. Let me know if you enjoyed Wiliams and what you did in the town,

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home