Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Grand Canyon review

Leaving Lake Powell and Page behind I am traveling to my final national park – the Grand Canyon. I would like to give you a review of Grand Canyon and will write down all experiences I have on my way through Grand Canyon.

Here a Grand Canyon picture (click to enlarge):


To get more information about historic and geographic aspects of Grand Canyon national park, please check this and this link. I am just writing a review and will not focus on the park background.

My hotel is located in Tusayan and named Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn. I am heading there right now. To get there I have to drive through Grand Canyon. I am giving you a review of everything I checked out here in Grand Canyon.

Desert view point was my first stop. It is a relatively large viewpoint with shops and rest rooms. I parked my car and followed other people to a tower from where you have a good view over Grand Canyon. You should stop at Desert View point and check out the amazing view over Grand Canyon.

My next stop is the Lipan point. You have a pretty good view over Grand Canyon, as you are on 2300 meters. You can see the Hance rapid. It is around a mile long and Major and was terrific for early Grand Canyon expeditions.

Moran point is the next point on the way to Tusayan. It's named after a spanish expedition who were the first Europeans to see Grand Canyon. I saw several tourists next to me, climbing on rocks with the Canyon going a mile down right next to them. A biker with several Harley Davidson tattoos stood right next to me and told me with Texanian accent: „Mister, tellin' you somethin' – some people aint no' havin' a god damn brain in there head.“ Really, if you do not suicide in Grand Canyon, don't climb on the cliffs.

Leaving Moran point behind I am stopping at Buggeln point. It's a nice looking picnick area in Grand Canyon where I will now take some minutes off and eat something. Probably a good idea for you too :). Here are only a few benches and I had to choose another location and am now sitting on a tree. Be careful, I was just bitten by an ant. I have never see that large ants before. It hurts a little.

Next point is Grand view point. As the name says it offers a wide view over Grand Canyon. As a reason an hotel as once been there. If you are interested in walking you can take a 2 day trail from here down to Colorado river.

I am exiting Grand Canyon now and heading to my Best Western. Hope you enjoyed my Grand Canyon review. My rating is 10/10 points. You will be amazed. I will be writing a short conclusion tomorrow of all my national park experiences. Anyways, I am a bit fed up with national parks now and happy to see something different very soon. I am going over Flagstaff to Phoenix in two days, to then head back to San Diego and Los Angeles. Anyways, thanks for reading my recommendations, tips and review of Grand Canyon national park.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home