Saturday, August 9, 2008

Torrey review

After leaving the town of Panguitch, passing through Escalante Canyon and Boulder my next stop is the town of Torrey which is the closest stop before Capitol reef. I would like to provide you a short review of Torrey.

After Panguitch I thought it would be impossible to find a lesser populated town, but Torrey and Boulder are probably the smallest towns I have seen. There is really nothing an the only reason why you want to go to Torrey is its location close to Capitol Reef. Fill up your food and drink bags, there is no supermarket in torrey. From Las Vegas to Torrey the last stop with acceptable supermarkets was St. George.

I stayed outside of Torrey in a hotel around 5 miles in front of the Capitol reef national park. If you are interested, check out my Best Western Capitol Reef resort review. For dining I went back to Torrey, to the Capitol Reef Café, for which you can also read a review written by me.

Here a map of Torrey:

View Larger Map

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home