Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Zion Mountain resort review

I was confident that I booked a good hotel close to Zion national park. I wanted to access the park quickly without having to drive very long. I found out about the Zion Mountain resort just at the east end of Zion national park. To get there from the west I had to drive through the little town of Springdale (they have good ice cream there close to a bus station, can't remember the name unfortunately :P) and through the whole Zion national park. The entrance fee was 25 $ but it's well worth it. This is a short review of the Zion mountain resort.

I drove through the park at night and it was a very extreme experience. I have never seen such cliffs before as a born European. Red cliffs and curvy roads with an impressive view from the roads. Anyways, cruising at night through the park is very interesting and beautiful.

The Zion Mountain resort looked a bit simple when I arrived with just a few houses and in the middle of nowhere. But after checking I got surprised. Those tiny beautiful little wood houses have an hightech equipment in mountaineer style. Everything is made of wood. Everything is well cleaned with no exceptions. What I found even more surprising, the Zion mountain resort has WiFi! You can take your notebook, log in and communicate with the world. Nonetheless, the speed was rather slow, but okay. I liked the mountain hotel a lot, I would even say it was better than my hotel in Las Vegas. Also interesting is the Buffalo meet which you can eat in the local restaurant. It is very tasty, however quite expensive with 27$ for a rib eye. The night did cost me 110$ and that is more than okay for the Zion Mountain resort. I liked it and rate it with 9/10 points.


View Larger Map

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home