Friday, August 8, 2008

Capitol Reef review

Leaving Bryce and Escalante Canyon behind my next national park in Utah is the so called Capitol Reef. I am currently driving on the scenic highway through it and would like to let you know my Capitol Reef review so you an decide whether you think Capitol Reef is worth the money or not.

A Capitol reef national park picture (click to enlarge):


For more information about geographic aspects and history of the park, please check this link.

My hotel is just outside the town of Torrey, the Best Western Capitol Reef resort. It's ideal, because it is just outside of Capitol Reef with a beautiful view on multicolored Capitol Reef. The first people living here were Mormon settlers, they opened farms, that's why their village was named Fruita. The Mormons living here in Capitol Reef sold their property at around 1910. You can now visit Fruita with your car and see how the Mormons lived over here in Capitol Reef. As I am giving a short review, I can only recommend you to check out the small Oasis in the middle of Capitol Reef. Also make sure to check out the visitor center here in Capitol Reef as it gives you relatively good background about Capitol Reef. Also check out this link. to get more information on the web about Capitol Reef.

Right after Fruita I took the scenic drive it costs 5$ and is well worth the money. Beautiful cliffs and rocks can be seen on both sides of the street. The scenery is unique and amazing. I am amazed by this extreme experience. Every mile you see a shield warning you of flash floods here in Capitol Reef. Be careful and don't over estimate yourself when it rains. I am heading back to my hotel. Check out my Best Western Capitol Reef resort review and my Arches Canyon review, where I will be tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed my short review of Capitol Reef. My rating 10/10.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home