Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Carefree Resort and Villas review

Leaving my last national park, the Grand Canyon behind I am continuing to Phoenix and then to San Diego. The place where I am staying in Phoenix is named Carefree and located 20 miles north of Phoenix city center. The area is very beautiful with cactus gardens and many big big villas. I am sleeping in the Carefree Resort & Villas for which I would like to provide you a short review.

The rooms of the Carefree Resort and Villas seem a little over-sized what however makes it very pleasant in the hotel's rooms. The rooms' interior is all in a sort of Mexican style and looks very nice and friendly. The air condition is very silent. My room does not have a fridge, what is however compensated by a nearby ice-machine. The pool area is very big with a swimming-pool and a jacuzzi. The pool area looks wonderful and the ambient of the Carefree resort and Villas is amazing. I am sitting at the pool right now, watching the sunset. It is still 100F with low humidity, so very nice and refreshing with the pool.

I am now back in my hotel room. The rates are more than okay with a total cost of 120$ a night. I had a nice all you can eat buffet. Seriously, spend that 20$ on the hotel buffet. You can see the staff putting different sort of meat and sausages on the grill. You can either eat outside or inside the restaurant. Both is nice. Everything was very well prepared and good looking. If you read this part of my review, really, take the buffet in the Carefree Resort and Villas, you will love it.

Afterward I went to an open fire place. A member of the staff team joined me and we had an interesting discussion about different aspects. He has native American background and knew a lot about the national parks, agriculture and problems of Arizona. His name was Lance. If you meet him, make sure to greet him from Hendrik :-).

The hotel was not good, Carefree resort and Villas was very good and I rate it with 10/10 points. Hope you enjoyed my Carefree Resort and Villas review.

I attached a map of the area around the Carefree resort and Villas hotel. Check out the location and how fast you are in Phoenix.


View Larger Map

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home