Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mesa Verde national park review

Leaving Arches and Canyonlands national park behind I am leaving the town of Moab, heading towards Cortez. Cortez is my next stop as it is relatively close to the Mesa Verde national park. I would like to provide you a short review of Mesa Verde national park.

At first I felt relatively unexcited because I have seen so many national parks in the past weeks. But then when entering Mesa Verde I quickly noticed it would be another unique national park. Mesa Verde is not focused on the nature, but on the people that lived in there. You will encounter a lot of remains from native Americans.

Here a Mesa Verde national park picture (click to enlarge):


For more information about the park, please click this and this link.

And let me tell you, it is amazing, I took a ranger tour down to a small town that was build in an alcove. You will want to see this inside Meda Verda national park because there is no other place on earth that has 800 year old buildings from past peoples in a that good condition. The tour was relatively difficult but still a very extreme experience, we walked down the cliffs with several ladders to the Cliff palace. The cliff palace is a small cliff dwelling consisting of several spruce tree houses built by Ancient Puebloan Indians. I have never seen that before and you can only see that in Mesa Verde national park.

I rate the park with 10/10 points because of its landscape, the ranger tours and the historic background. Check out my next review of Lake Powell. Hope you enjoyed my short review of Mesa Verde national park.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home